Why The Busbys Love The Stair Barrier (and You Should, Too!)
Posted on August 10 2017
If you’ve caught the show OutDaughtered on TLC, you know just how adorable the Busby family is. In April 2015, Adam and Danielle Busby and their daughter, Blayke, welcomed the nation’s only all female quintuplets. The Busbys are now featured on TLC’s hit show, OutDaughtered, with new episodes airing on Tuesday nights. Of course, you don’t need to watch the show to imagine just how crazy a family with five toddlers must be!
Thankfully, the Busby family found a great solution for keeping their little ones safe on the stairs: The Stair Barrier. If you’ve watched the show, The Stair Barrier is often featured in the background. Unlike traditional gates, The Stair Barrier is a fabric gate that blends in well with the rest of the home. Thanks to its simplicity, the Busbys even use it as a backdrop for family photos!
Why The Stair Barrier is a Must-Have for the Busbys
Let’s look at a few advantages that are unique to fabric gates and why all busy households should have them!
- No Climbing. One of the biggest gripes about traditional baby gates is that busy kids can climb on them. The Stair Barrier’s construction prevents this from happening. Also, busy parents don’t have to worry about little fingers getting pinched or arms stuck in between the bars.
- Attractive. Safety gates have come a long way in recent years, but many people still feel that they’re clunky and unattractive. The Stair Barrier, on the other hand, is made from Class 1 upholstery grade fabric and looks lovely in any home!
- Multiple Designs. Traditional stair gates all look similar. Not The Stair Barrier. This flexible safety gate comes in a variety of fabrics, including chevron, thick stripes, pinstripes, and solid colors. Choose the design that best fits your home - and your personality.
- Intuitive Design. To open and close the retractable Stair Barrier, there are backpack-type clips. You will need to clip and unclip the buckle as you go. Our buckle system allows Stair Barriers to work on banisters of all shapes and sizes.
- Easy Installation. Many safety gates damage the walls. You can use The Stair Barrier from banister to banister or wall to banister and if you need to drill one side into the wall, the hardware is simple and subtle.
- Custom Sizes. If the two available sizes from The Stair Barrier don’t work for the width of your staircase, order a custom size.
With six kids and a large, busy household, the Busby family doesn’t have time to waste. Watch Adam Busby explain for himself why they love The Stair Barrier and check out our new approach to keeping home safes and looking great!